Thursday, December 29, 2016

Comfort vs Comfortable

God has given me a few challenges towards the end of this year.  And by challenges I don't mean trials or hardships.  I mean He has challenged me to become more intimate with Him and walk closer with Him.  And that is my heart's desire.  One of those challenges has been to post the revelations that He gives me during my prayer time.  That is a challenge because the Father and I will begin communicating with one another and I usually forget to write it down.  Which means after my prayer time is over I don't always remember the amazing information that He provided.  So here we go.

The post from this morning is actually from my journal that I wrote Feb 7, 2015 (yes I actually remembered to write it down..lol).  Feel free to post your questions on this blog or your comments. No one can see them but me unless you give me permission to make them public (the blog only). You can also post them on any social media site that this blog comes up on and they will be public.  Enjoy!

**While reading Psalm 139 God began to reveal that we always want comfort as God is trying to get us to safety.  We often times don't hear or listen because we want comfort first.  We have to know that someone cares.  Wanting that causes us to stay in our situation longer than needed or necessary.  God pushed me to look at the words comfort and comfortable.  It was almost like a nagging that would not go away until I did it.  The Holy Spirit kept saying that God wants us comfortable but we are always seeking comfort.  So I looked up the words.
        Comfort:  to soothe, console, or reassure
        Comfortable:  being or existing in a state of physical or mental comfort, contented, and
        undisturbed.**
Do you see the difference between the two.  We are looking for moments of comfort, here and there when things get to hard.  God is trying to get us to the point where we are constantly in a state of being undisturbed or unmoved by anything going on around us.  It is more than a moment.  Trust God to get you to that state and allow Him to do what He needs to do in your life.  I constantly hear people say that they are tired of what they are going through, yet they keep doing the same foolishness.  When you will get to the point that you are tired enough to trust God?  He is not your problem, but He is trying real hard to be your solution.


If you would like to receive these posts in your email, just subscribe.  It is FREE!

No comments: