Sunday, December 2, 2018

No More Echoes

As I was worshipping this morning, echoes from my past started popping up in my mind. Thoughts of how I should have done this and that and what my life would have been like had I done it that way. I started being drawn into that emotional web and reliving some things.  I caught myself and realized that I was no longer in worship. The enemy was trying to take me back to a place of regret. I don't live there anymore. What is done is done. I don't do the what if's. I reside in what is and I make it a point to give God my best that day. I don't always achieve it, but I work hard at it. So once I realized what was happening, I began to speak,"I don't live off of echoes. I live off of every word that proceeds out of the mouth of my Father!" I said it over and over until I felt myself being strengthened.

I know that there are many of you that go through this during your day. And regret and guilt have you consumed. Or you may be that person where these emotions and feelings pop up randomly, but they are always tied to a particular point or event in your life. And you start feeling those feelings and your body starts responding.  Those are echoes from your past. Just like when you are in a cave or moutain area and you speak, there is an echo that carries your original sound. It eventually fades out and although the final sound is not as strong, you still recognize your voice. Your mind connects the sound it hears to the event that created it. Even though you can't hear all of the words, your mind remembers the event that created it. Do you get where I'm going? To be free, stop feeding off of echoes. They are a vibration from a past event.  A tool that the enemy uses to keep you from moving forward and going higher. Your future is connected to your relationship with Christ. It has nothing to do with your echoes. Regardless of what you have done, if you have confessed your sins to the Father, asked for forgiveness, and stopped the cycle of that sin...you are forgiven and God no longer sees that sin on you. So stop trying to wear a garment that doesn't fit anymore. The guilt of that incident doesn't fit you anymore. The hurt from that incident doesn't fit you anymore. The pain from that incident doesn't fit you anymore. Whom the Son sets free, is free INDEED! That means Period! No ands, ifs, or, buts. You are free man and woman of God. No more echoes! You no longer live off of echoes, but EVERY word that comes out of the mouth of God!

Blessings and Love,

Pastor Nichica Melton

No comments: